As the UK will still be in the EU on Sunday we have to comply with EU Directive 2014/45.
1. MOT certificates will look different
2. Defects will be classed as dangerous (fail), major (fail) or minor (pass)
3. Advisory items will still exist as now
4. There will be stricter emission limits for diesel cars fitted with DPFs (diesel particulate filters)
5. The classes of vehicle will change, so an ordinary car will be M1 instead of Class 4
So, very few changes for MOT customers. If you’d like to read more, either call us or go to: